Many people fight with the embarrassment of discoloration of teeth everyday. Like wrinkles, teeth discoloration is part of the aging. It cannot be overcome completely. However, there are ways in which you can avoid teeth staining and embarrassing of discoloration.
Why are my teeth strained?
Stained teeth can be resulted due to various reasons including poor dental hygiene, hereditary factors, infections and improper metabolism. However, there are certain conditions in which brushing your teeth for multiple times also doesn’t help. This is when people have teeth discoloration due to too much consumption of coffee and tea , or chewing of raw tobacco, betel leaves, and smoking.
Ways to whiten your teeth
Here in this article, I will provide you with natural teeth whitening home remedies solutions. These are safe to try and don’t require hundred dollar to get amazing results.
1. Teeth whitening treatment with Baking Soda
Baking soda is a low cost and most popular home remedy for white teeths. However, there are several factors that needs to be considered when using baking soda for whitening your teeth. Overuse of it can damage the enamel of the teeth. This can result increased teeth sensitivity and risk for cavities. Note: Baking soda should not be used for more than once a week.
- Mix together equal proportion of baking soda and water to make a paste
- Apply this paste to your teeth using your toothbrush.
- Brush it for few minutes
- Then wash your mouth with cold water.
Do not replace your toothpaste with this baking soda remedy. It will not help in acting against bacteria and even not clear the plaque.
2. Use Lemon Juice as a teeth whitening home remedy
Lemon is a natural bleaching agent that clears the yellow discoloration of the teeth. Rich in vitamin C, lemons acidic and antibacterial properties help in killing the mouth bacteria, whiten the teeth and also prevent different types of oral diseases.
- Add a teaspoon of water to a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Use this mixture to brush your teeth thoroughly for a minute.
- Rinse your mouth with water and brush your teeth with a regular toothpaste.
- Repeat twice a week for amazing results.
3. Best home teeth whitening treatment using Banana Peels
Banana peel is another excellent home remedy for teeth whitening. It contains essential minerals like manganese, magnesium and potassium that penetrates through the teeth surface and helps to whiten them from within.
- Eat a banana and rub the peel on your teeth for about 3- 5 minutes. Try to cover the entire area.
- After 10 to 15 minutes brush your entire teeth with your regular toothpaste.
- Repeat this process for at least 2 to 3 times a week for a month to get sparkling white teeth.
4. Natural teeth whitening with Strawberries
Strawberries are a good source of malic acid – a natural enamel whitener. Therefore, strawberries make a great teeth whitening agent.
- Mash one whole strawberry in a bowl.
- Add half a teaspoon of baking soda to it and mix together.
- Dip your toothbrush into this mixture and brush your teeth thoroughly.
- Let it sit on your teeth for 5 minutes and then rinse.
5. Teeth whitening procedure with Activated Charcoal
Activated charcoal has natural adhesive qualities that take off the yellow surface on your teeth, stained by coffee, tea, wine, and plaque. It is also considered to kill microbes and absorb gases causing odor.
- Pour the powdered activated charcoal into a cup.
- Add a teaspoon of water to it to make a paste.
- Apply this paste gently on your teeth.
- Wait 3 minutes, and rinse.
6. Ways to whiten teeth with Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is another beneficial remedy to remove stains from your teeth. It is effective and keeps your teeth sparkling white. It removes the stubborn coffee and nicotine stains that make your teeth look ugly.
- Dip your brush on apply apple cider vinegar solution and gently apply it on your stained teeth line.
- Wash your mouth then brush again with your regular toothpaste.
- Finally, rinse your mouth with cold water.
- Apply this method regularly to get best results.
Note: Never use too much quantity of ACV as it may remove the enamel coating on your teeth.
7. Basil leaves for teeth whitening at home
Basil leaves are considered as one of the best home remedies for naturally whitening your teeth. These leaves helps protect the teeth from various teeth and gum related problems.
- Leave some basil leaves to dry in sunlight.
- Grind the dried basil leaves into fine powder.
- Mix this powder with your regular toothpaste and brush the entire teeth properly.
- Use this remedy regularly for sparkling white teeth.
8. Natural teeth whitening with Salt
Salt is a very good dental cleansing agents that is being used since the ancient age. Salt restores the mineral content that are lost in the teeth and keeps them sparkling white.
- Use common salt to brush your teeth every morning.
- Follow brushing with regular toothpaste after the salt wash.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Repeat everyday for nice and bright teeth.
You may also mix baking soda with common salt and apply to your teeth. It will give you more effective results.
Note: Be gentle while using salt for whitening your teeth or it may result damage to your gums and enamel when used roughly.
9. Apple remedy for teeth whitening
Apple is a simple and effective home remedy for naturally whitening the teeth. The malic acid present in apple is used in many whitening products. It helps to remove the stain from your teeth and give you sparkling white teeth at home. Apple is also good for your overall health.
- Eat a fresh whole apple everyday.
- Take moderate bites and chew properly. This will removes all the excess food and bacteria from the mouth and also scrubs out the ugly stains from your teeth.
10. Coconut Oil pulling for naturally white teeth
Coconut oil pulling serves as a natural teeth whitener. Coconut oil has antimicrobial properties, so it works amazingly for protecting and cleaning your gums. Use of coconut oil on your teeth after brushing helps promote the overall oral health.
- Put a spoonful of coconut oil in your mouth and swish it between your teeth for 5 to 10 minutes,
- Alternatively, add a few drops of coconut oil to your toothbrush and brush it on.
- Or, apply coconut oil to a clean washcloth and rub it on your teeth.
These remedies are safe, effective and easy to use at home.
Everyone wants to have a bright charming smile that lightens up the room. Try these above mentioned home remedies to naturally whiten your teeth at home.
Worried about smelly feet? Have a look at these top 10 home remedies to get rid of smelly feet!