You had a blast at weekend, drinking alcohol, having fun but it’s monday morning and you cannot simply run to your work or in front of your family with that foul alcohol smell right? So, what do you do now? How will you stave off that booze breath? Well, do not worry. We got you covered, just keep reading.
What causes alcohol breath?
The excessive drinking of alcohol leads to bad breath because alcohols are toxic to our body and cannot be digested easily. It is then metabolized by liver and gets accumulated in the bloodstream and the lungs causing foul smell.
What gets rid of alcohol breath?
Well, getting rid of alcohol breath is very simple if you follow the given mentioned home remedies. Choose the best tips that you can find easily at your kitchen.
1. Coffee – natural alcohol smell remover
One of the simplest home remedies to get rid of alcohol breathe is coffee consumption. The strong aromatic smell of the coffee will cover up the odor of the alcohol. Moreover, it also works to reduce your hangover.
- Simply drink a cup of strong coffee without sugar on your breakfast
- Alternatively, you can even chew few roasted coffee beans to avoid the alcohol smell
2. Lemon, salt and water rinse to hide alcohol breath
While the pleasant citrus smell of lemon cuts off the unpleasant smell of alcohol, its acidic property also prevents the growth of oral bacteria. Hence, lemon is a very good booze breathe remover. All you need to do is, simply rinse your mouth with water mixed with lemon and salt.
- Take a glass of warm water
- Squeeze a fresh lemon and add a tablespoon of lemon juice to the water
- Now add ½ teaspoon of salt
- Stir well and swish it around your mouth for 30-40 seconds and spit out.
- Repeat it every 2-3 hours.
3. Tomato Juice for alcohol breath remedy
Tomato juice has the ability to mask the smell of last night booze. It is one of the easy home remedies to get rid of alcohol breath naturally.
- Take few fresh tomatoes and blend it in a blender
- Keep in a glass and drink it with your breakfast
4. Fresh mint leaves to remove booze breath
Mint, which is a natural antimicrobial agent, is also a natural breath/mouth freshener. Chewing few leaves of mint every few hours will help to minimize alcohol breath.
- Take few fresh mint leaves and wash it well
- Chew the leaves every few hours to keep your mouth fresh and stink free
5. Stay hydrated by drinking water to get rid of alcohol breath
Drinking hard liquor suppresses the production of saliva and hence it dries your mouth. When your mouth is dry, it creates a good environment for odor-causing bacteria to thrive. Hence, it is highly essential to drink adequate amount of water to stay hydrated while you take a booze or even after the booze.
6. Aromatic spices to eliminate alcohol breath
Several aromatic spices such as cardamom, cloves and cinnamon help to cover up the stinky odor of alcohol. Simply keep few of those spices on your pockets and keep chewing at regular interval of time throughout the day.
7. Mustard to minimize booze breath
The yellow mustard has a very pungent smell that can mask the smell of any alcoholic beverages.
- Take a spoonful of yellow mustard in your mouth, keep it for a while and rinse off with water.
- Repeat it multiple times till your breath cover ups.
8. Chewing gum reduces alcohol breath
Chewing gums also help to cut off the bad breath caused from alcohol consumption. For this, all you need to do is, take a sour flavoured chewing gum and chew it. The sour flavor will cause the salivary gland to produce more saliva which helps to remove the stinky alcohol smell from the breath.
P.S. You can also choose mint flavored chewing gum but be sure to choose sugar free gum.
9. Peanut Butter to get alcohol off your breath
Yes, peanut butter has that power to overcome alcohol breath. While you enjoy your breakfast with peanut butter toast and black coffee, there you go healing yourself from the last night’s bad alcoholic smell.
10. Brushing your teeth helps to wipe off alcohol breath
One of the most common ways to get instant relief from alcohol breath is using a strong smelling toothpaste and brushing your teeth along with cleaning your tongue. Also, you can use a mouthwash for added benefit to get that fresh breath. But while using a mouthwash, be sure to use non- alcoholic one.
Be smart and know these tips already to stop embarrassing yourself from foul alcoholic smell while you breath. But it’s always a safe to say NO to alcohol.
Also, discover 10 amazing home remedies to treat mucocele.