When the opening of hair follicles become clogged with dead skin cells and oil, it leads to form whiteheads or blackheads. Some of the factors for the formation of blackheads include hormonal changes during menstruation or while undertaking birth control pills as they lead to increased oil production. Some acne causing bacteria also leads to the formation of blackheads and few of the drugs like lithium, androgens or corticosteroids also aids in building blackheads.
However, you need not worry about it as we have a very easy home remedies to get rid of blackheads. Blackheads need to be exfoliated and in this today’s blog we have come up with two awesome ingredient that both when mixed together creates magic to get rid of blackheads. Those are coffee and lemon. Have a look at skin benefit of each below.
Skin benefits of coffee:
- Coffee acts as an natural scrub due to its slight coarse nature.
- The coffee granules exfoliates dead skin cells and leave supple skin.
- Rich in antioxidants, coffee helps to fight premature aging of the skin.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of coffee soothes red and inflamed breakouts.
Skin benefits of lemon:
- Lemon juice is considered as natural exfoliator.
- The citric acid content of lemon helps to remove dead skin cells.
- Lemon is a natural astringent that tightens pores and brightens skin complexion.
- Lemon is a natural source of vitamin C that helps to lighten tan and age spots.
Now you know, what benefits it can offer to your skin, let’s get into how to use it.
First off, start by applying warm compress on your nose
- Take a bowl of warm water
- Wet a piece of cloth in warm water
- Squeeze the water out
- Apply the warm cloth on your nose
- Leave it for couple of minutes
- Warm compress will help to open up your pores
- Take a tablespoon of coffee
- Squeeze the juice from lemon into the coffee
- Mix it well to form a thick paste
- Take the paste with the same lemon
- Apply it by gently scrubbing
- Leave it for about 20 minutes
- Then rinse off by gently massaging it in circular motion
- Repeat 2 times a week and your blackhead should be gone.
So, next time when blackhead hits your face, simply grab some coffee and lemon!