Eczema is a medical condition that introduces skin patches and blisters that are itchy, inflamed and sometimes bleeding.
What causes eczema?
The exact cause of eczema is not known. However, it is considered as a result of overactive response of the body in presence of some irritant or an allergen. Genetic condition can be another reason behind eczema. Among these causes environmental factors holds a significant role. These includes: diet, varying temperature, hormonal factor, stress, allergens, microbes and irritants.
How to get rid of eczema?
Though there are medical treatment for eczema, they can be pretty frightening. They can lead to (not limited to) nausea, fever, warts, hives and nose bleeding, followed by difficult breathing, swelling of the face, lymphoma, and even cancer. Usually sensitive skin types are prone to skin conditions like eczema. Therefore, home remedies can be best used to treat this problem. There are plenty of natural treatment to combat eczema. Here are 10 result-oriented home remedies that will show fast outcome.
1. Turmeric treatment to get rid of eczema naturally
Turmeric is considered as one of nature’s most powerful healer. It has a history of use in treating skin conditions, digestive complaints, heart diseases and even cancer. So it’s no surprise that it can cure eczema as well. Turmeric is rich in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties so is a good remedy for eczema.
- Combine half a teaspoon of turmeric and add one teaspoon of milk
- Mix it well to make a consistent paste.
- Apply it to the affected skin and leave it overnight.
- Rinse the paste the next morning.
2. Use Aloe Vera to cure eczema on your face
Rich with anti-inflammatory properties, aloevera is an excellent hydrating agent. It also calms the itchiness and considerably reduces the infection.
- Cut a fresh Aloe Vera leaf, squeeze out the gel.
- Apply the gel directly to the inflamed skin.
- Leave it for about half an hour before bed and rinse off with cold water.
- You will definitely see some improvement the next morning.
3. Eczema home treatment with Honey
Honey has antibacterial properties which can be a good ointment for skin affected with eczema. It removes the itchiness resulted due to dry skin and hydrates the skin cells to make it healthy once again.
- Add a cup of water to a tablespoon of honey and 2 drops of rose oil (to avoid stickiness).
- Apply this mixture to the affected skin
- Leave it for half an hour before bed and then clean it off
- Pat the skin dry and apply mild moisturizer.
4. Virgin Coconut Oil – natural way to get rid of eczema
Coconut oil has many goodness including antibacterial, antifungal, antioxidant and antimicrobial properties that can help soothe your skin when it’s dry and itchy. It can also help reduce the inflammation and rejuvenate skin cells.
- Apply virgin coconut oil on your skin (especially on affected areas) after bathing everyday
- Alternatively, you can also consume 3 tablespoon of virgin coconut oil provided it’s pure.
You can choose to do both as well. With this method, you can witness significant change in no time.
5. Natural eczema treatment with Oatmeal
One of the many ways treat eczema is to keep the skin hydrated and prevent it from drying out. Products that contain oatmeal are said to be helpful in keeping the skin moisturized. Oatmeal also helps ensure relief from this skin condition because of its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, soothing and protective properties.
- Add some 5 cups of oatmeal to your bath water.
- Add few drops of lavender oil to it.
- Mix them well with the bath water using your hands.
- Soak yourself in the water for about 30 minutes before your usual bath.
- Then pat your skin dry.
Continue this remedy up to four times a week to see some visible results.
6. Yogurt method to treat eczema at home
The presence of probiotics, a type of live bacteria in yogurt or supplements, may help relieve the symptoms of eczema. This is the most easy method and shows good results.
- Eat three cups of yogurt a day. Add fresh fruits such as strawberry slices to add the taste.
7. Thyme oil home remedy for eczema
Thyme oil protects the human skin from harmful bacteria and fungal infections. It also works as a home remedy for many skin conditions like acne and eczema; heals sores, wounds, cuts and scars and relieves burns. It is a naturally and effective remedy for skin rashes.
- Blend together a teaspoon each of thyme and almond oils.
- Apply a thin layer of the oil mixture to the skin; especially on the affected area.
- Repeat the process for three times a week until symptoms subside.
8. How Chamomile treats eczema naturally
According to some research, it is found that chamomile contains anti-inflammatory properties that can help relieve eczema discomfort. Therefore, an effective natural eczema treatment can be made by using chamomile tea bags as a compress.
- Put a tablespoon of dried chamomile flowers in a cup of water.
- Let it soak for 20 minutes.
- Strain out the flowers.
- Let the water cool.
- Dip a sterile cotton into the mixture and apply it on the skin.
- Repeat procedure for three times a day until the inflammation subsides.
9. Get relief from eczema using Sandalwood
Sandalwood oil is considered as one of the best remedy for eczema condition. The oil consists of emollient properties that helps in moisturizing and soothing the dried and inflamed skin. It provides an almost immediate soothing relief from the itchy and burning sensation resulted due to eczema.
- Add a tablespoon of rosewater to a teaspoon of sandalwood powder and mix well.
- Apply this mixture to the inflamed skin.
- Leave it on for some 10 minutes.
- Then wash off with warm water.
- Follow this remedy twice a day for one month.
10. Witch Hazel therapy for eczema
Witch hazel is a potent tincture is used to treat wounds, bruises, sores, psoriasis, eczema, hemorrhoids, insect bites and poison ivy.It is generally derived from the bark, leaves and twigs of the witch hazel plant. It is also used as an organic toners, masks, and other skincare products that aim to combat skin conditions like acne, scarring, and others.
- Boil a cup of water in a pot an add a teaspoon full of witch hazel herb.
- Let it simmer for 20 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Strain out the mixture.
- Apply the tea to affected areas of the skin.
- Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse and pat dry.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day for one week for better results.
In addition to these home remedies, it is equally important to prevent conditions that favor eczema. Many people find relief by avoiding harsh soaps, chemicals, and other irritants, by applying mild moisturizers. Other prevention tips include stress/anxiety management, constant body hydration, avoiding things that can be allergic, and maintaining cleanliness.
With the correct, and continual use of these methods, most of you can control and cure the condition. Your patchy skin will smoothen and you’ll get back its healthy, rich look in no time.
Also, learn how to remove milia at home!