Having dark inner thighs is not a health condition to be worried about. But many a times, can be a cause of great embarrassment. People tend to spend a lot of time and money for the treatment of dark inner thighs. But a little attention and care can do much wonders.
Why do I have darker inner thighs?
There can be many reasons behind having dark inner thighs including obesity, hormonal imbalance, medication, friction and others. Usually, rubbing of thighs against each other while walking is seen as the major reason of discoloration and itchy skin in obese individuals. Additional causes can be excessive sweating in between the thighs, overexposure to ultraviolet rays of sun, excessive usage of chemical products, shaving and use of other hair removal techniques around bikini line, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), and diabetes.
What can be an effective remedy for dark inner thighs?
Treating the dark inner thighs is easy and effective with home remedies. Here, we’ve listed top 10 quick solutions to get you naturally even-toned thighs.
1. Dark inner thighs treatment with Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a herb with natural goodness and antioxidant properties. It nourishes and rejuvenates your skin from within. It helps to restore your original skin tone by avoiding hyperpigmentation and dark skin patches.
- Extract pure aloe vera gel from a fresh aloe leaf
- Massage it on the dark skin of your inner thighs.
- Let it dry for 20 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
- Repeat once everyday.
2. Use Lemon for inner thigh whitening
Rich in Vitamin C, lemon is not only good for your skin but it also encourages growth of new cells. It also acts as a natural bleaching agent that helps to lighten your skin tone. The exfoliating property of lemon help in removing skin impurities.
- Squeeze out juice from a freshly cut lemon.
- Apply this juice to your inner thighs.
- Let it stay for around 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water or simply use a wet cloth.
- Repeat this for thrice a week and you’ll see some effective results.
If you have dry and sensitive skin, it is recommended to dilute the lemon juice with water to prevent the dryness.
Note: Avoid lemon application on recently waxed or shaved thighs to prevent from possible irritation.
3. Get rid of dark inner thighs with Yogurt
Yogurt is rich source of healthy bacteria that are essential for our body. Topical application of yogurt is recommended for cleansing purpose. It nourishes the skin and the presence of zinc in yogurt helps to heal the sunburn. The presence of lactic acid in yogurt makes it a good bleaching agent.
- Take some plain yogurt and rub it on your inner thighs.
- Leave it on for some 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat daily for great results.
4. Cucumber – an effective home remedy for dark inner thighs
Natural bleaching property in cucumber makes it an effective remedy that lightens your dark inner thighs. It removes the dirt and dead skin cells on those areas using its rich essential properties. It has amazing skin soothing property that heals and repairs the skin cells. The best part of using cucumber is that it suits all skin types.
- Cut a cucumber and use a slice. (You can also take some cucumber juice)
- Gently rub it on your thighs.
- Wait for 15 minutes and then rinse off.
- Repeat once or twice a day.
5. Coconut Oil treatment for dark inner thighs
The fatty acid essentials present in coconut oil lighten up the hyperpigmentation and fades away the dark spots on your skin. The natural moisturizing and antioxidant properties of coconut makes it a very effective moisturizer that also protects the effect of free radicals as well.
- Add a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice to 3 tablespoons of organic virgin coconut oil.
- Mix well and apply this mixture on the inner thighs.
- Gently massage it in circular motion for few minutes.
- Leave it for some 10 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this method every alternate day until you get the desired result.
Regular application of organic virgin coconut oil helps maintain young and even toned skin.
6. Oatmeal remedy to treat your darker skin on inner thighs
Oatmeal has a natural exfoliating property that clear away the dead skin cells and impurities. It helps make your skin soft and supple. Regular use of oatmeal can be beneficial in lightening up the complexion of your inner thighs.
- Add enough fresh tomato juice to 2 tablespoons of oatmeal.
- Mix together to make a thick consistent paste.
- Apply this mixture on the affected area and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Then using your wet fingers start scrubbing the area to clear out the dead skin cells.
- When you finish, rinse off using cold water.
- Continue this process for 2 to 3 times a week until you get relief from dark inner thighs.
7. Use Honey as a solution for whitening the dark inner thighs
Honey is one of the powerful cleanser available on nature. It’s antiseptic properties heals irritation on skin and various other skin related conditions. Honey helps remove the impurities and dirt and also reduces the skin pigmentation on your thigh. It also gives a smooth and even texture to your skin.
- Take two teaspoon of pure honey.
- Massage it in circular motion on the affected areas for few minutes.
- Let it sit for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then wash it off with lukewarm water.
8. Orange Peels – an effective remedy for dark inner thighs
Orange peels is a good source of vitamin C and a natural bleaching agent. These help you in getting rid of dead and damaged skin cells because of the rich exfoliating property of orange peels.
- Dry a cup of orange peels in sunlight.
- Grind the dried peels into the orange powder.
- Add enough rose water to 2 teaspoons of this orange peel powder. Add a little honey.
- Stir well to make a paste.
- Apply it on your dark inner thighs.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, scrub off the paste using your wet hands.
- Finally, rinse off with cold water.
- Repeat this process for 2 or 3 times per week.
9. Baking Soda to exfoliate the dark skin on your inner thighs
The exfoliating property of baking soda helps remove the sun-damaged skin cells that may be one reason for darkened inner thighs. It can improve the dark complexion and even-tone your skin.
- Mix a tablespoon each of baking soda and milk to make a consistent paste.
- Add a little honey for moisture and mix well.
- Apply it on the affected area and massage gently in circular motions for few minutes.
- Rinse it off using lukewarm water.
- Repeat every other day for better results.
10. Fix your darker inner thighs with Almond
Almond is rich source of vitamin E and thus help in brightening your skin by repairing the damaged skin cells and moisturizing the dried skin at the same time. Almond works amazingly to get you healthy even-toned skin.
- Add a tablespoon each of milk and organic honey to 2 tablespoons of coarsely powdered almonds.
- Mix well to form a scrub like paste and apply it on your dark inner thighs.
- Let it sit for few minutes and then using your wet fingers, rub it gently in circular motions.
- At last, rinse off with cold water and repeat the same for 2 to 4 times a week.
If you like wearing shorts but are worried about the possible embarrassment due to darkened thighs, these techniques can be very effective. You can give them a try at least.
Worried about your dark lips? Here are 10 awesome remedies to lighten your dark lips naturally.
Feel free to share your experience or you can also write to us about any home remedy you are seeking for. We will get back to you asap.