Lips are one of the most attractive parts of a human, especially when it’s vibrant and rosy/pink in nature. Beautiful lips add more confidence and beauty to one’s smile. But in many cases people are facing the issue of dark and dusky lips. If you are one of them then simply remember, the natural treatment is always best and secure way of lightening your dark lips.
What causes my lips to be black?
There are several reasons behind the discoloration or blackness of your lips. Your lifestyle is one of them. If you have the habit of intaking high caffeinated product, chewing tobacco or smoking excessively, it may lead to make your lips dark. Excessive exposure to sunlight and hormonal imbalances can even turn out to darken the lips. Another major reason is the use of low quality cosmetic lip products which can even cause the allergic reaction in the lip area resulting in the darkness of the lip.
How to lighten my dark lips?
Natural home remedies are the best and safest method to lighten your dark lips. There are several expensive cosmetics products or treatments available, however, those are temporary solutions that may lead to several side-effects as well. Lightening your black lips naturally is a very cost effective and permanent solution. It may take some time to whiten your dark lips but all you gotta do is have some patience and follow few of the below mentioned tips till you get the desired outcome!
1. Lemon juice for lip whitening
Lemon juice simply works perfect whenever it’s the matter of lightening the skin. Likewise it is very fruitful for lightening your dark lips instantly. You can use lemon juice in following 2 ways to whiten the dark lips:
- Take a fresh lemon, squeeze the juice out of it
- Apply the juice with the help of your fingertips on your lips before getting to bed.
- Repeat it at least for a week or two and a soft pink lips will be waiting for you to show up!
- Exfoliating the dead cells of your lips is another way to whiten your lip.
- Squeeze some juice from lemon.
- Add small amount of sugar and mix the two ingredients.
- Apply the mixture to your lips and gently scrub in circular motion.
- Repeat twice a week to see some remarkable changes.
2. Potato slices – natural dark lip remedy
Potatoes act as natural skin lightener and so it is for the lips. It helps to remove various dark spots on your face and even removes the dark circles.
- Take a slice of potato
- Rub it against your lips for about 3-4 minutes
- Then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat once a day for few weeks to get that soft pink lips.
3. Rose extract for black lip treatment
If you are willing to have a rosy lips then rose extract treatment is a right choice for you. There are 2 ways via which you can get pink lips like a rose and get rid of dark lips:
- Take a rose water in a small bowl and mix a little amount of honey.
- With the help of your fingertip, gently scrub on your lips with these mixture before going to bed.
- Within a short period of time, you’ll able to see some remarkable changes on your lips.
- Soak the fresh rose petals in milk
- Later, make a paste of these two.
- You can even add a little honey for better result.
- Apply the mixture to your lips before going to bed.
4. Use Olive Oil as a remedy for dark lips
Olive oil has that essential nutrients and moisturizing property to keep your lips soft, smooth and vibrant.
- Apply extra virgin olive oil directly to your lip
- Massage it gently
- Repeat everyday before going to bed
- Alternatively, you can even make a lip scrub by mixing a small amount of sugar in the olive oil
- Rub gently every 3-4 days.
- This recipe will help to restore your natural lip color and make it more lively.
5. Almond oil for dark lips remedy
Almond oil has moisturizing and softening properties which is very suitable for lightening the dark lips. Here is how you can use the oil for whitening the dark lips:
- Mixing five to six drops of almond oil with one tablespoon of honey
- Put the mixture in a container.
- Whenever you feel your lips is dry, apply the mixture to your lips and within few days, you’ll find soft, smooth and pinkish glowing lips.
- Alternatively, you can mix the equal proportion of coconut oil and almond oil and apply a coat of this mixture on your lips before going to bed.
- Doing it daily will leave you with a healthier and pinkish lips.
6. Pomegranate for beautiful pink lips
Pomegranate works as miracle for dark lips treatment. The rich ingredients in pomegranate nourishes and moisturizes the dark and dry lips to restore the natural pink color of the lips. Below is the direction on how you can use pomegranate to lighten your dark lips:
- Take few pomegranate seeds and crush it.
- Then, add little amount of rose water and milk cream and make a paste.
- Apply the paste to your lips and gently massage for few minutes.
- After that, wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Repeating it on a daily basis will help you gain smooth and natural pinkish color lip.
7. Lighten dark lips with beetroot
The natural bleaching property of the beetroot helps to whiten the dark lips naturally. Its juice helps to remove the tan from the lips and the antioxidant property keeps the skin healthy and supple. Get the pinkish glowing lips with beetroot by reading the following instruction:
- Apply the fresh beetroot juice on your lips on daily basis before going to bed.
- You can wash it off early in the morning.
- The natural red color of the beetroot will help to turn your black lips to rosy pink.
- Alternatively, you can store the slices of beetroot in the refrigerator and scrub your lips for couple of minutes.
- Then wash off after 15-20 minutes.
8. Massage with ice cubes to lighten dark lips:
Massaging your lips with ice cubes is one of the simplest method of getting rid of black lips. Doing so will accelerate the blood flow in the lips which makes the lip red and light.
- Grab an ice cube from refrigerator
- Massage your lips with it for about 1-2 minutes.
- Then, simply pat dry your lips with soft towel and see the magic happen after repeating it for few days.
9. Aloe vera – the best remedy for dark lips
Another readily available ingredient for lightening the dark lips is the aloe vera gel. The fresh aloe gel provides healthy nutrients and rejuvenates the skin making it look much healthier. In order to whiten your dark lips with aloe vera, use following direction:
- Pick a fresh stem of aloe vera
- Apply a thin layer of its gel on the lips and let it dry.
- Once it is dry, rinse off with lukewarm water and pat off with soft towel.
- Repeat the process everyday for the best outcome.
10. Exfoliate with baking soda for healthier pink lips
Many times, your lips turn out to be black due to the layers of dead cells in your lips. That is why this homemade remedy of exfoliating your lips with baking soda is perfect and effective.
- Make a paste of baking soda and water
- Gently scrub in a circular motion either with the help of toothbrush or your fingertips.
- You can continue scrubbing for about 2-3 minute
- Then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat it every 2-3 days for better result.
- You can also use olive oil to moisturize your lips after scrubbing.
Here we end up our 10 most effective and useful tips to lighten your dark lips and get that glowing, soft and pink rose lips. Try them and see the result by yourself. You can also comment your experience in the comment section below.