Girls and jewelries are like synonyms. Most of us love to wear beautiful earrings to adorn our look and style. Some earrings are big and heavy and regular use of such earrings can lead to stretching of pierced earlobe holes. While the shrinking of these holes depends on various factors like age and genetics, it can be treated with sincere care and adopting preventive measures to restrain the holes from further elongation.
Today, I will be sharing with you some home remedies that you can follow in order to reduce ear hole size naturally without any surgery.
1. Surgical tape and toothpaste to reduce ear hole size
- Take a surgical tape, cut a small piece and stick it to the back of the ear piercing hole.
- Fill up the hole with adequate amount of toothpaste. Clean off the excessive paste.
- Let it remain overnight. Wash with plain water the next morning.
- After washing, apply moisturizing cream to avoid the drying effect of toothpaste.
- Stop wearing earrings until the holes shrink to your desired size.
2. Oil Massage to stop your earlobes hang
With age, skin tends to lose elasticity and moisture. Therefore making it prone to drooping and sagging. The earlobe skin is no different. Consistent pressure on ear piercing makes the holes to stretch and lobes to hang. This problem can be treated by regular application of olive, jojoba or coconut oil. These oils provide enough moisturization to the skin and prevent it from further drooping.
- Take some olive oil.
- Dip a fresh cotton ear bud to it.
- Apply it thoroughly in the pierced holes.
- Gently massage and let it dry itself.
- Repeat everyday to get better results.
3. Honey for effective ear hole reduction
Honey is a natural blessing to mankind. It is filled with a lot of goodness and can be used to treat various problems related to skin. It is equally effective in healing the the stretched piercing earlobe holes. In addition to this, it also removes the dead skin cells and promotes blood circulation.
- Take some honey
- Apply it on the drooped lobes using your wet fingers
- Gently massage and let it sit for some time.
- Wash it with plain water.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar for healing oversize ear hole
Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the effective home remedies for healing the teared tissues on your earlobes. This home remedy is just perfect for keloids and scarring near your ears. It kills bacteria and minimises redness and irritation. Continuous application of ACV can visibly reduce the size of the pierced hole.
- Take some Apple Cider Vinegar
- Soak a sterile cotton in the solution
- Gently tab this cotton ball over affected area and let it dry naturally.
- Apply this remedy multiple times a day until you get the desired size.
5. Witch Hazel – a natural remedy for stretched ear holes
Witch Hazel is another wonderful remedy for this problem. As it is enriched with the goodness of natural astringent properties, it can help tighten up the skin cells and prevent it from drooping.
- Pour some witch hazel extract in a container.
- Dip a cotton ball to it.
- Gentle dab it in the affected areas.
- Apply it twice a day to tighten up the droopy piercing.
6. Aspirin tablets for tightening oversize ear hole
Your stretched holes in the ear can be effectively treated with aspirin tablets. This might sound strange but it actually works. You can see visible results in few days of using this remedy.
- Take a tablet of aspirin and crush it down to powder form
- Add a little amount of water in it to make a paste.
- Using an earbud, apply this paste to your stretched piercing hole.
- Repeat this remedy everyday to get remarkable results.
7. Bicarb Soda for shrinking earlobe hole
Bicarb Soda is next potential remedy for shrinking the stretched earlobe holes. Bicarbs are effective in gently removing the layer of damaged skin cells. Use of bicarbs also promotes growth of new cells.
- Take some bicarb soda and mix just required hydrogen peroxide to get a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste to the affected area and let it dry.
- Then wash it with normal water.
- Use moisturizer to keep the earlobes cells hydrated.
8. Moisturize the stretched earlobe
Moisturizing the stretched holes several times a day can result to effective recovery. Applying moisturizer will help the skin to become soft and enhance the flow of blood in the earlobes. This method also helps in getting rid of the dead skin cells and prevent from any kind of irritation and infection. The drooped piercing will be healed sooner and will restore to its original size. It might take some time though, 3-4 weeks or even longer. But remember not to wear earrings while following the cure remedies.
9. Haemorrhoid cream to recover drooping ear
Haemorrhoid cream works well to help you recover your drooping piercing problem. Its application helps reduce the build up scar tissues due to the stretching. It is an effectively remedy to repair the lost tissues.
- Take a bit of haemorrhoid cream and gently rub to your lobes
- Repeat this twice a day for next few months.
10. Clean it everyday
Regular cleaning of the earlobe holes will keep it away from possible infection and irritation that can aid to the drooping piercing. So cleaning it with antiseptic solutions or pure water will help maintain the condition from worsening.
In addition to following these home remedies, makes sure you do not wear long, heavy ornaments in your ear. Keep the piercing idle for few months while you try these treatment.
The remedies tend to work fast in a younger person as their skin is more resilient and likely to shrink back to normal condition than in some older person.
Healing of the stretched holes is a gradual process and will require your patience and time. The changes will be seen slowly. You just need to keep calm and follow the treatment in a correct way.
Also, look at 10 safe tips to remove ear wax at home!