Double chin is a condition in which the fats in of your face and chin develop excessively. This excess fats gets accumulated under the skin and become dense over time. When the fat layers overlap and under the jaw fat is too heavy, this will result the skin under your chin to sag. The layer of fat can be thick or thin.
This condition, when left uncontrolled, will lead to imbalance in your face structure. It also makes you difficult to become facially expressive, especially when speaking or laughing.
Double chin makes you look overweight and obese. So no one really wants it. It may sometimes attack the confidence of the possessor. Also, having double chin is an indicator that the person is suffering from other illnesses such as snoring, difficulty breathing, even stroke.
Common Causes Of A Double Chin
In addition to genetic factors and body structure, double chin is formed due to a number of basic causes such as:
- Sudden Weight Gain Or Loss
- The Concentration Of Fat Cells In The Chin
- More Salt consumption
- Consumption of more sweets
- Tobacco, Alcohol and beer
- Missing out on regular exercise
How to reduce double chin at home without surgery
There are many ways to overcome this condition. Completely removing the multiple layers of fat in the chin area requires your patience. But, seeing the results will definitely make you happy.
1. Drink Enough Water to reduce chin fat
One out of many reasons behind your double chin may be because your body retains too much water and fat. This may not be something that’s resulted because you drink too much water but because you do not drink enough of it.
When you do not take enough of the water that is required by your body, the results will be seen by retaining water and fat on your cheeks, eyes and chin, making double chin unavoidable.
Water helps remove double chin because it excretes toxins from the body. It promotes general health while improving the beauty of the skin and hair.
- Include at least 9 cups of water (230 ml each) to your daily meal. 2 liters per day is a good target. Drink cold water to burn more energy. Help your body stay hydrated.
2. Avoid double chin with Wheat Germ Oil
Wheat germ oil is enriched with the goodness of a variety of vitamin and minerals including vitamin B6, B complex, folic acid, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, and vitamin E. This is one of the best essential oils, great for skin health. Be it because of aging or other conditions, wheat germ oil helps tighten the sagging skin. In addition to it, this oil helps decreases the extra amount of fat present in the human body. Double chin is, indeed, an extra fat.
- Take some drops of wheat germ oil and massage it on your double chin everyday before the bedtime
- Gently massage by moving your thumbs from the bottom of your neck, moving towards your chin
- Continue massaging for about 15 minutes
3. Get rid of face fat with Green Tea
Green tea is a great natural source of antioxidants and other components that help in boosting the rate of metabolic in your body. The anti-inflammatory properties of green tea can help protect your skin from photoaging. All in all, it helps burn much of the calories while losing weight.
- Start your day with a cup of green tea.
- Repeat in mid day and at night (can make it difficult for you to sleep).
You will witness great results like improved skin elasticity and your overall health condition.
4. Use Vitamin E to remove your double chin
Vitamin E is considered to have amazing benefits to the human skin. It helps prevent the skin from sagging by increasing the skin’s elasticity. Double skin chin is a type of sagging skin.
- Take a capsule of vitamin E and puncture it to extract the oil
- Rub the oil extract all over your palms, especially on your thumbs
- Using your thumbs, massage the portion of the chin back and forth and upwards around the jawbones
- Massage the affected area for several minutes each day
5. Egg Whites remedy for slim face
Eggs are rich source of protein that can boost skin’s collagen level, shrink the enlarged pores and make your skin more healthy and lively. The white part of the egg can help tighten the skin pores and resolve the problem of sagging skin, wrinkles and fine lines. It is an excellent exfoliating agent with ability to remove the dead skin cells. Egg white mask are great remedies to reduce double chin and bring youthfulness to your face.
- Break two egg and separate the egg white
- Add a tablespoon each of milk, honey, and lemon juice to it
- Add some peppermint oil into it and whisk well
- Now apply this mask to your face, chin and neck
- Let it dry for 30 minutes and rinse with tepid water
6. Remove face fat with Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter can boost the collagen level and improve elasticity of the skin when applied to your skin on a regular basis. It ultimately helps you get rid of the double chin.
- Take few tbsp of cocoa butter and slightly heat it in the microwave.
- Use it to gently massage your neck and area around the double chin for several minutes.
- Repeat this process twice everyday, before bath in the morning and before bed at night.
7. Glycerine solution for easy chin fat removal
Glycerin is another great ingredient with the ability to maintain skin moisture. It can be found in many cosmetic products. It acts as an amazing moisturizing agent, and at the same time improves the stratum corneum barrier qualities of the skin.
Glycerine has an instant, long-lasting effect on both the wrinkles and the sagging skin. Adding Epsom salt with Glycerine will reduce the water retention in the body.
- Mix glycerin and Epsom salt at a ratio of 2:1
- Include several drops of peppermint oil
- Mix well and apply the mixture over your chin and neck
- Massage the area in upwards direction using a cotton ball
- Wait for 30 minutes to let the nutrients get absorbed by the skin
- Rinse using cool water.
- Repeat this process for 3 to 5 times a day for better results
8. Melon – a natural remedy for double chin
Melon is an amazing fruit containing essentials that work to get rid of the double chin. High in water and fiber content, it helps flush out the unwanted fat stored in the body. Furthermore, the nutrient content of melon makes it a great antioxidant agent. It is also have a potential anti-aging property that fights off the free radicals to treat your sagging skin. In addition to it, the astringent and toning property of melon helps to make your skin tight and supple.
- Eat more melon as a part of your fat loss diet.
- Extract its juice and apply to your skin using a clean cotton ball (this helps tone the skin around and under the chin.)
- Alternatively, add equal parts of fresh melon juice and apple juice (or milk). Then, use this liquid mixture for a deep tissue massage in the affected area.
9. Eliminate double chin naturally without surgery
Milk is rich in lactic acid content, but it also has the goodness of other nutrients like vitamin A, B6, B12, D, protein, biotin, potassium, magnesium, calcium, selenium, etc.
Milk also has anti-aging effects that helps fight off the free radicals and protect the skin against any kind of damage. It helps maintain the elasticity and firmness of our skin, therefore, helping to reduce the skinny double chin.
Vitamin D and calcium found in milk also contributes in production of collagen and helps enhance the skin elasticity, making it youthful and tight.
- Take some fresh milk and apply it over your chin area and massage well
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with tepid water
- Alternatively, mix some honey with the milk for a face, neck and chin mask. Apply this paste over the affected area and keep it for 15 minutes before rinsing with tepid water.
- Continue the remedy every day and see the difference.
10. Chewing Gum to reduce under chin fat
It may sound strange but yes, chewing a gum helps you get rid of double chin fast at home without any kind of surgery. Chewing gum helps you relieves stress, and at the same time helps in reducing the fat accumulation around the neck and chin area. Chewing a gum is a good exercise for the muscle groups in your second chin. With repeated chewing of gums will get you strengthened jaws.
And it does not even feel like you are exercising. Add a chew gum to your routine after each meal. Use sugar-free gums for better results. And make sure that you are not addicted to chewing gum because it can hurt your jaw.
So here we are at the end of the details. To sum up, face fat is very common problem and most of the people with uneven and unhealthy diet are affected by it. The above mentioned home remedies helps you to get rid of your face fat and double chin problem.
Unless followed by other severe condition, face fat is not something that requires immediate attention. Maybe, this is one reason why it is neglected at the early stages of fat development.
As a result, it starts getting noticed by people around and we become conscious when it is already dense and is hard to get to rid of.
So update yourself with the changing face structure so that you apply these remedies in time and get effective results. And, don’t forget to write to us about how these remedies helped you get a sleek and slim face.
Also, have a look at top 10 home remedies to tighten neck skin without surgery!