Dandruff is not only annoying but equally embarrassing. It is the hair condition that causes itchy and flaky scalp. With dandruffs on your head, you can not wear dark colored clothes because these falling flakes are clearly seen around the shoulder and neck area. It is also embarrassing to constantly scratch your head due to the dryness caused by dandruff. Moreover, persistent dandruff can lead to hair loss.
Why do I have dandruff?
Dandruff is a common problem that is generally resulted due to the overproduction of dead skin cells. However, there may be caused by numerous other factors such as the winter air that dries the scalp, diet that is deficient in vitamin, chemicals found in poor shampoos and bacteria and fungus infection on the scalp.
How can I get rid of dandruff in one wash?
Dandruff is a fungal problem and can be easily transferred. So in this article we will discuss about some of the best ways of how to get rid of dandruff permanently in one wash.
1. Dandruff treatment at home with Listerine Mouthwash
It might be a little weird to people seeing a mouthwash listed as a cure for dandruff but this really works. It can be said as one of the most effective dandruff treatments because of its antifungal medications that prevents the dandruff causing yeast from growing further.
- Mix a tablespoon of mouthwash with water in a bowl.
- Wash your hair with regular shampoo. Then, apply this mixture to your hair.
- You can leave it as it is and do your hair as required.
Use this remedy in the morning and let the remedy show its magic in the day.
2. Control dandruff with Yogurt
Yogurt contains natural medication for curing dandruff. It has antibacterial properties and prevents fungicidal infection of the scalp. It is considered to be a permanent home remedy for naturally treating dandruff at home.
- Apply fresh curd or yogurt made at home can be applied on the scalp and
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Then remove it with the help of a mild shampoo.
3. Best dandruff treatment with Egg Yolk
Biotin, a component found in egg yolk, is one of those vitamins that can help treat dandruff. Therefore, egg yolks can be a great remedy in this case. They also condition your hair and make it healthier.
- Whisk 1-2 egg yolks in a bowl.
- Apply this to your dry scalp.
- When done, cover your hair with a head mask for about an hour.
- Rinse off with water and good shampoo. (You might need to wash your hair twice to get rid off the odor.)
4. Use Garlic as a home remedy for dandruff
Garlic is believed to be an excellent natural, herbal remedy for dandruff. Crushed garlic provides a highly concentrated source of allicin which is a natural anti-fungal and anti-candida compound. A staple ingredient in most of the kitchen, garlic is harsh on dandruff causing fungus and bacteria.
- Slice the garlic into small pieces.
- Grind and blend them to get a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on your scalp and roots.
- Leave it for some 15 – 20 minutes and then shampoo.
5. Get rid of dandruff with Baking Soda
Baking Soda is a natural antiseptic and helps in treating the fungal infection that results dandruff. It also balances the pH level of the scalp and prevents it from scaling out the dead cells. It also reduces the overactive fungi causing dandruff.
- Rub a handful of baking soda on your wet hair
- Let it sit for sometime.
- Rinse it off with water only.
Alternatively, you can add some baking soda to your regular shampoo and use it on the go.
6. Best dandruff treatment with Vinegar
Vinegar is one of the most cost effective solutions for many of your health and beauty related conditions. Dandruff is one of them. Using diluted vinegar can help get rid of dandruff permanently in one wash. You can use any kind of vinegar including Apple Cider Vinegar or white vinegar. Make sure you dilute the vinegar before use as it is highly acidic.
- Mix 4 parts of Apple Cider Vinegar with 8 parts warm water
- Apply it evenly to your clean hair and scalp.
- Do not rinse off the vinegar, instead leave it to dry naturally.
This natural remedy work on dandruff and hair fall and also gives you shinier, smoother and stronger hair.
7. Coconut Oil to get rid of dandruff
Coconut oil is one of the effective remedy for dandruff. It penetrates deep into the epidermis of the scalp and works from within. Coconut is a good source of medium-chain fatty acids, which have regenerative properties that can help treat dandruff.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and let it dry naturally. Do not use conditioner.
- Apply coconut oil to your scalp and massage thoroughly.
- Leave it on for few minutes.
- Wash your hair with cold water.
8. Aloe Vera – a natural remedy for dandruff
Aloe Vera contains a natural anti-fungal property. Using it on regular basis will not only help get rid of dandruff, but it will also prevent it from coming back. The aloe gel moisturizes and soothes the dry, flaky skin of the scalp and also promotes healthy new skin growth.
- Extract the gel from freshly cut aloe leaf
- Apply it on your scalp and hair
- Let it sit for half an hour
- Rinse and wash with mild shampoo.
9. Cure dandruff permanently with Ginger
Ginger is a natural antiseptic that kills the fungi that cause dandruff. It inhibits the growth of yeast, stopping flakes, itchiness, and dandruff before they happen. It reduces inflammation of the scalp as well as treats scalp acne due to its antiseptic properties.
- Peel and mince some fresh ginger root.
- Add ¼ cup water and blend together to form a smooth paste.
- Use muslin cloth to squeeze out the juice.
- Apply this juice to your scalp and leave on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with shampoo and allow to air-dry.
10. Treat dandruff naturally with Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has been natural oil has been trusted for treating variety of hair and skin related problems. It serves as one of the best alternatives for dandruff treatment. Regular use of tea tree oil can do wonders. The antiseptic property of tea tree oil helps in treating fungal and anti-bacterial growth on the scalp.
- Take a small amount of shampoo in a bowl and add a few drops of tea tree oil to it.
- Mix well and apply this mixture into your scalp.
- Leave it for 5 minutes then rinse out.
Proper use of prescribed herbal and home based products can help you get rid of dandruff completely.
We’d like to know if these home remedies worked for you. Leave us a comment in the comment section below to share your experience with us.
Do you also know that you can straighten your hair naturally at home? Have a look at these 10 awesome tips to straighten your hair at home!